You’ve already got a great outdoor playset from Swing Kingdom in your park or back yard. But have you outfitted it with fun accessories and add-ons? The right accessories help you adapt your playset so it’s appropriate for children of all ages. Choosing the right playset accessories can seem overwhelming, but we’re here to make the process a breeze.
Comparing Residential & Commercial Playsets
Playsets fall into two main categories: commercial and residential. Here are the main differences:
- Commercial playsets are designed for schools, daycares, and parks. They’re often larger and more complex than residential playsets.
- Residential playsets are designed for families with children. Swing Kingdom has playsets for backyards of every shape and size that kids will love.
Benefits of Pretend Play for Children
Before we get into the many playset accessories and add-ons offered by Swing Kingdom, we wanted to touch on the importance of pretend play for children.
One of the best ways to encourage pretend play is by including different types of playset accessories and add-ons with your playsets. Pretend play is proven to develop the following in children:
- Social skills
- Problem solving skills
- Language skills
Basic playset add-ons can be boring and don’t create a realistic play experience for kids. That’s why it’s important to choose accessories that are a step beyond the ordinary. Let’s get started!
Commercial & Residential Playset Accessories & Add-Ons
Swing Kingdom offers 60+ playset accessories and add-ons for commercial and residential uses. The options below can be used with both commercial and residential playsets.
- Adaptive Swings – These provide extra support for children with special needs.
- Baby Swings – This product keeps infants safe while they enjoy the great outdoors.
- Belt Swings – This timeless classic has soft grip chains to avoid hand pinches or pulled hair.
- Rubber Infant Swings – This flexible product is the perfect transition between baby swings and belt swings.
- Avalanche Slides – This tall slide provides an exciting trip from top to bottom.
- Tunnel Slides – This slide is fully enclosed and comes in express, twister, and sidewinder styles.
- Waterfall Slides – This slide provides a smooth, gentle trip from top to bottom.
- Access Railings – These pair with flat step ladders to ensure safe climbing.
- ADA-Compliant Hand Bars – These make it easy for kids to climb on their playset.
- Fanny Pads – This product is designed to cushion areas where children land, like the bottom of a slide or under a swing.
- Flat Step Ladders with Railings – This product has non-skid strips on each step and an access railing to reduce the chance of slips and falls.
- Hand Rails – These products are designed for use on Swing Kingdom’s Mountain Climber towers.
- Mulch (Rubber and Wood) – This protects children from common injuries that result from falls while playing.
- Roofs & Canopies – These come in several varieties and are designed to protect children from the sun.
Fun Accessories and Add-Ons
- Binoculars – This working product makes sure someone’s always on the lookout.
- Bubble Panels – You can use these to replace a side panel so children have a place to peer out.
- Fire Poles – Children will love sliding down these poles and pretending they’re at a firehouse.
- Megaphones – This working product lets kids call out to neighbors and local friends.
- Ship’s Wheels – This product transforms your playset into an exciting pirate ship.
- Spotlights – This working product lets kids play after dark.
- Steering Wheels – Children can use these to pretend they’re driving a race car.
- Telescopes – This working product helps kids bring distant objects into close view.
- Tic-Tac-Toe Panels – Children will love playing this classic game with their friends.
Commercial Only Playset Accessories and Add-Ons
Swing Kingdom offers a wide range of commercial playset accessories and add-ons. The following products are available for commercial use only.
- Combo Swings – These pair a baby swing with a belt swing so parents can swing alongside their children.
- Park Benches – Parents, teachers, and babysitters can use these to comfortably watch kids play.
- Swing Frames – Use these sturdy products to create a standalone swing area at your playground.
- Balance Boards – These fun, durable products help children develop their motor skills.
- Freestanding Picnic Tables – Give kids and parents a place to rest while they’re at your playground.
Residential Only Playset Accessories and Add-Ons
Swing Kingdom also manufacturers a variety of residential swing set accessories and add-ons. The following products are designed for residential use only.
- Buoy Balls – This product helps kids build core strength and provides a soft grip.
- Cyclone Discs – Children can sit or stand on this unique swinging product.
- Dual Riders – This product allows two kids to sit back-to-back and swing.
- Fan Back Lawn Swings – This classic product sits on the ground and is great for kids and adults alike.
- Four Point Swing Adapters – You can add this product to any of our swing beam options to accommodate four-point swings.
- Hammock Swings – This comfy and attractive swing is a great addition to any playset.
- Spring Swings – These products combine a cyclone disc with a springy rope.
- Tire Swings – This nostalgic favorite is available in 2-, 3-, and 4-rope options.
- Trapeze Bar & Rings – This product is perfect for the little gymnast in your family.
- Trapeze Buoy Ball Combos – This versatile product combines a trapeze bar, rings, and a buoy ball.
- Uni Riders – Kids will enjoy rocking back and forth in this durable plastic swing.
Ladders, Ramps, and Climbers
- Cargo Nets – Children use their upper and lower body strength to climb to the top of this product.
- Climbers (Ladders + Monkey Bars) – This classic item comes in several sizes and is built to last.
- Ramps with Rails/Ropes – These provide easy access to the next playset level and are great for toddlers who haven’t mastered balance yet.
- Rock Walls – These come with ropes and wall holds so children can safely climb to the top.
- Landscape Timber – Use this attractive product to separate your mulch from your grass. It makes mowing and landscaping easier and keeps mulch contained.
- Lower Deck Railings – This product provides a safe enclosure so children don’t trip over the playset frame into the swinging area.
- Mountain Climbers – These premium playsets include rock walls and cargo nets, which are great for children as they build upper body strength.
- Playhouse Decks & Porches – Add decks and porches to take your playhouse to the next level.
- Playhouse Slider Windows with Screens – Add this to your existing playhouse for a unique touch.
- Playset Towers with Jungle Bars – Kids use these vertical jungle bars to climb to the next level of your playset.
- Swing Beams – Use these to add 1 to 4 swings to your existing playset.
- Alphabet & Numbers Activity Panels – Kids can practice identifying letters and numbers while they play.
- Bubble Tunnels – These extend from a tower, so kids can sit in them and keep watch.
- Dinner Bells – Children ring this to let everyone nearby know that their pretend dinner is ready.
- Fire Truck Activity Panels – This panel includes a steering wheel so kids can pretend they’re driving a fire truck.
- Name Plates – Use this product to personalize your child’s playset with their name.
- Picnic Tables – These are built into the base of the playset towers to make feeding kids convenient.
- Sand Boxes – Add a sandbox to the base of your tower so children can build sandcastles and dig holes.
- Swing Beam Water Misters – Keep kids cool by adding this water misting feature to your swing beam. It’s perfect for hot summer days.
- Tic-Tac Clock Activity Panels – This unique product helps children practice telling time.
- Water Cannons – This connects to a water hose to help kids beat the heat on a hot summer day.
- Water Slide Adapters – Turn any slide into a water slide by attaching this adapter to a water hose.
- Weather Vanes – This fun accessory helps kids learn directions and see which way the wind is coming from.